The Salvation Army in Central Illinois and Walmart are partnering together for the Stuff the Bus campaign this August 7, 8 and 9. The Salvation Army relies on the generosity of our community members to support local youth starting the new school year – whether it be at-home and virtual learning or in-person learning at school. This community partnership will help ease the financial burden parents are experiencing due to the pandemic as we begin this new school year and ensure our kids are equipped and ready.
Volunteers will not be manning the drop-off sites and buses will not be parked in front of our Walmart stores, to remain caution of the COVID 19 pandemic, instead a “Stuff the Bus” bin will be placed inside Walmart to drop off school supplies
People can donate physical school supplies this weekend until 8 p.m. each day at the following Walmart locations:
- Greater Peoria Area (supplies donated at these locations will benefit Peoria area families in need of assistance):
- Walmart Supercenter – 8915 N Allen Road, Peoria
- Walmart – 3315 N University St, Peoria
- Walmart Supercenter – 401 River Road, East Peoria
- Bloomington-Normal (August 7 and 8 only) (supplies donated at these locations will benefit Bloomington-Normal area families in need of assistance):
- Walmart Supercenter – 2225 W Market St, Bloomington
- Walmart Supercenter – 300 Greenbriar Dr, Normal
- Pekin (supplies donated at these locations will benefit Pekin area families in need of assistance):
- Walmart Supercenter – 3320 Veterans Dr, Pekin
- Walmart Supercenter – 155 E Courtland St, Morton
- Canton (supplies donated at this location will benefit Canton and Fulton County area families in need of assistance):
- Walmart – 2071 N Main St, Canton
The Salvation Army and Walmart have partnered together for more than 30 years to benefit area children as they head back to school. This is an opportunity for you to join them in providing our youth with the supplies needed to be successful during the school year.